At Shafer, we present you with multiple solutions to meet your needs and budget. One of the most common questions we’re asked is whether it’s time to replace or repair an AC. The answer comes down to a lot of factors including your time and finances.
Aside from a situation where your AC would cost more to repair than replace, you usually have the option to repair. This can buy you more time and extend your investment. Plus, we offer San Antonio’s most comprehensive and affordable preventative maintenance plan to help your AC run more efficiently and identify issues before you’re left without AC on a 100-degree day.
Things to weigh in making your decision:
- How much are your repairs? How much is a new HVAC unit?
- How much will a new HVAC unit cut your energy costs?
- How frequently do you need repairs and how does this fit into your life style?
Here are a few signs that it’s time to think about purchasing a new AC.
- Your energy bills are higher than they used to be. Also, keep in mind that energy prices have recently increased and weigh that into the equation.
- Your AC needs frequent repairs. This is an issue of time and money. Is the frequent downtime negatively impacting your lifestyle? Are you better off redirecting repair funds into purchasing a new AC? Maybe you’re in a tight spot at the moment and need a repair to hold you over a little longer. Be sure to work with a trusted company that can provide you with multiple solutions.
- Your unit is more than 10 years old.
- What if your home has hot and cold spots? This could be an issue with your HVAC unit or it could be improper ductwork. A licensed professional should evaluate your unique situation and provide you with recommendations.
- Does your home have humidity problems? A well-functioning HVAC unit eliminates humidity from the home. So, if you have humidity issues, something is not right. That doesn’t necessarily mean replacement though. There could be a repair option available for you, but either way, this is a warning sign that needs your attention.
- Does you AC run constantly, yet your home is still warm? Your AC might be at the end of its life or it might be in need of repair. This is a scenario you’ll need to have investigated to attain more facts. It’s also something to weigh with the above-mentioned factors including the unit’s age, frequency of repairs, and your budget.
There’s never a convenient time to be without a working HVAC unit. That’s why we’re here for you 24/7.
Make sure you’re getting the most out of your HVAC unit with our $50 Annual HVAC Tune Up. We ensure you’re unit is running at optimal performance, saving you time and money.