San Antonio... Get your comfort back with an Air Conditioner Repair
Need an AC repair here in San Antonio? We’ve got you covered. Our AC repair techs are some of the most highly trained and experienced professionals in the business. They’ll look over your system, establish the problem and offer you the best possible solution at a fair and upfront price. No commissions or pushy sales gimmicks. Their focus is on getting the job done right for you.
Shafer Services offers:
- Quick, same-day AC repairs
- 24/7 emergency AC service available
- Upfront AC repair cost, so there's no sticker shock
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - We're rated a 4.8 out of 5 on Google with over 800 satisfied customers. See why Shafer Services Plus has been San Antonio's preferred AC repair experts for over 100 years!
Signs you need this
Signs you need your AC repaired
- AC makes strange noises. Why? - Depending on the specific noise, your AC could have a loose component, a clogged condensate drain line, a worn out fan motor bearing or belt.
- AC isn’t cooling/blows hot air. Why?- You shouldn’t be feeling hot air coming from your vents. If you do, there’s a strong possibility that you have a faulty fan motor, a refrigerant leak or your compressor is broken.
- AC won’t turn on. Why? - If you’ve already tried resetting your breaker and replacing the filters and your A/C still won’t turn on you may have a faulty contactor/capacitor, a dirty condenser, or a clogged condensate drain line.
- AC turns on and off sporadically. Why? - Either your AC is too big for your home, your thermostat is in the wrong spot, or there’s a low refrigerant level.
- AC is covered with ice. Why? - You could have a liquid refrigerant leak that is causing the unit to freeze up. These leaks often lead to a frozen evaporator coil.
- AC is leaking water. Why? - In this case, your AC could have a clogged condensate drain, a dirty air filter, a refrigerant leak, or a leaking drain pan.
How we repair your AC
1. Schedule your AC repair
You give us a call at (210) 227-8358 or get in touch via our website to schedule an appointment for your AC repair. We’ll promptly return your call or confirm your appointment if you scheduled online.
2. Tell us what trouble you’re having
Give us an idea of what your AC is doing. Be as detailed as possible. The more we know in advance the better we can prepare to diagnose and fix the problem.
3. We diagnose the problem
One of our trained, friendly professionals will stop by and give you a full in-home diagnosis of your AC. They will identify what is causing it to act up and ensure all other components of the system are operating how they are supposed to. From there, we’ll lay out your options and give you an upfront repair plan and price. No games or surprises later on.
4. We fix the problem
Once everything is setup and agreed upon, we get to work. In most cases, we'll have your AC repaired and running smoothly that same day. Before leaving your home, we’ll go through a checklist and make sure that your AC system is working properly.
Service call charge: $60
This is the cost to send a trained technician in a fully stocked truck to give you options about repair.
Cost to repair a central AC in San Antonio:
- Low: $130
- Average: $215
- High: $3,000
What impacts price?
The cost of your AC repair will depend on the following factors:
- Which parts need to be repaired. The biggest factor of your AC repair cost is which part of the unit needs repair. For example, you’ll typically pay a lot more to replace a compressor than you will to repair a circuit board.
- Whether your AC warranty covers the repair. If the part that needs to be repaired is still under warranty, that will cut down the cost of your AC repair significantly. Most manufacturers cover certain parts 5-10 years after your unit has been installed.
- The contractor you hire. Experienced, licensed and insured contractors (like the professionals here at Shafer), will typically charge more than less experienced, uninsured or unlicensed contractors. While you pay more upfront for licensed and insured pros, it saves you money in the long run because you can be assured that the job has been done right the first time and you have a labor guarantee you can rely on once the work is complete.
We go over these factors in more detail in our article, "How Much Does it Cost to Repair a Central AC in San Antonio, Texas?"
Need an AC repair in San Antonio?
Brands we repair
We repair ALL central AC brands including:
- American Standard
- Day & Night
Guarantees and Warranties
100% satisfaction guarantee - Whether you’re getting a repair, install or just a routine check-up, you deserve the best service, equipment and value available. We stand behind our technicians and products—so much so, that we’ve implemented a guarantee that you’ll be satisfied with your service from the moment you schedule your appointment to the moment our technician is packed up and backing out of your driveway.
90-day labor warranty - We’re confident that we’ll get the job done right the first time around, but if our repairs falter within 90 days of completion, you can give us a call back and we’ll have our tech return to your home to fix the problem free of charge.