Looking to replace your heat pump? We'll give you peace of mind.
All of our heat pump installations give you peace of mind with:
- Quick, same-day installs
- Flexible financing
- FREE in-home quotes
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - We're rated a 4.8 out of 5 on Google with over 800 satisfied customers. See why Shafer Services Plus has been San Antonio's preferred heat pump installation and replacement experts for over 100 years!
Signs you need this
Signs you need a new heat pump
It's probably time to start looking at replacing your heat pump if:
- Your current unit is 15+ years old. Heat pumps only have a 15- to 20-year lifespan. So, if yours is approaching that age, it's time to start thinking about replacing it.
- You've paid for several repairs in the past year or so. Repair costs can add up quickly. If the cost of a repair multiplied by the unit's age is more than the cost of a new unit, the repair probably isn't worth it in the long run.
- Your heating bill has increased over the past few years. As your heat pump gets older, its parts have to work harder (and use more energy) to warm your home.
- Your heat pump doesn't keep you comfortable anymore. This could be a sign that your unit is either on its way out or too small to handle your heating needs. Either way, it's usually best to replace your heat pump.
What's included in your heat pump installation
- FREE in-home consultation with a trained comfort specialist
- New high-efficiency heat pump
- Any ductwork needed to complete the job
- A trained heat pump installation team
- 1-year labor warranty
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
Price to install a heat pump in San Antonio:
- Low: $6,000
- Average: $11,000
- High: $18,000
Your heat pump installation price might be different, depending on the unit's:
- Size: Larger heat pumps will cost more, and you can't simply get a smaller unit to save money. That's because an accurately sized heat pump depends on a complex process (called a "load calculation") that accounts for many factors of your home and property. Your tech will determine which heat pump size you need.
- Efficiency: In short, the more efficient your unit, the more expensive it will be. Because heat pumps can both heat and cool a home, they have 2 measures of efficiency: SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating) and HSPF (Heating Seasonal Performance Factor).
- Features: Your installation will cost more if you add comfort features to your unit. You can upgrade your system to include features like a smart or programmable thermostat, better-quality air filters, noise-reducing fan blades and more.
- Warranty: Normally, the manufacturer includes a 5- to 10-year warranty on new units. Most will offer the option of an extended warranty, which could cost another $500–$1,000, depending on how many years of coverage you buy.
Heat pump brands we recommend and install:
- American Standard
- Day & Night
Don't see the brand you want? Don't worry, we can probably still install it.