Sewer Leak Testing
We’ll test before your foundation is repaired to see if that was the source of the damage, and we’ll also test after the foundation repair to ensure everything has been remedied.
Shafer has built and served San Antonio’s plumbing infrastructure for more than 135 years. We want to make sure it’s ready for the next 135. Our team of experts is here for your 24/7.
Foundation repair? Shafer provides sewer leak testing before and after repairs.
Foundation damage and sewer leaks often go hand in hand. Prolonged leaks cause immense damage to the integrity of homes and businesses. That’s why Shafer is offering hydrostatic testing to identify sewer leaks when there is foundation damage.
$50 Off Sewer Leak Testing
• We will come to your home.
• Test your sewer for leaks.
• Provide a comprehensive report on the problem.
• Present you with personalized solutions on what to do next
Signs that hydrostatic testing is needed:
- Cracks in foundation
- Higher water bills
- Unpleasant odors
- Damp flooring
- Mold growth
- Septic waste pools outside
What does hydrostatic testing entail?
- Locate the mainline sewer cleanout.
- Insert an inflatable ball.
- Inflate the ball to plug the sewer line.
- Fill the sewer system with water until level with the building’s slab foundation.
- Monitor the water level for 15 minutes.
- If water does not fill to slab level or if begins to drop, this signifies a leak that will need to be repaired.
Why Do I Need a Plumbing Test After a Foundation Repair?
Leaks are often the cause of foundation repairs, but foundation repairs can also cause leaks. This happens when a building is being shifted to back into alignment. If your home is in need of foundation repairs a pre- and post-foundation repair leak check should be on your must-do list.
Shafer can provide hydrostatic testing to check for leaks before and after your foundation repair – regardless of whether or not you hire us for plumbing services. We can test before your foundation is repaired to see if that was the source of the damage, and we can also test after the foundation repair to ensure everything has been remedied
We’ve installed and served San Antonio’s plumbing infrastructure for more than 130 years. This is our way of making sure it’s ready for the next 130.