A backed-up drain is a pesky problem that inspires many people to purchase drain cleaners from the grocery or hardware store. Unfortunately, harsh drain-cleaning products can make the problem worse.
Why Are Liquid Drain Cleaners Unsafe?
Liquid drain cleaners contain a mixture of caustic ingredients that are bad for your pipes, plumbing, and fixtures. Plus, they can cause harm to the user. Two of their most common ingredients are Sulfuric and Hydrochloric Acid. Sulfuric Acid dissolves organic compounds such as hair, grease, and food; but it also reacts with metal in your pipes, corroding them and causing bigger problems down the road. Hydrochloric Acid also corrodes metal and porcelain. Other added ingredients in liquid drain cleaners can include lye, bleach, and salt.
The Safer Natural Solution? Hydro Jetting.
Hydro Jetting uses high-pressure jets of water to remove debris and blockages in pipes. When you combine this with a camera inspection, you can see exactly what’s going on in your plumbing.
The Benefits of Hydro Jetting:
- Complete removal of clogs
- Clean pipes with better water flow
- Environmentally friendly, no harsh chemicals
- Eliminates smells coming from pipes
- Quick and safe when performed by a professional
- We will come to your home
- Analyze your Hydro Jetting service needs
- Present you with personalized solutions on what to do next